There is no charge for this class. This season, I’ll be attempting to lead water aerobics (with help from other members) since our previous instructor, Bill Hammer, has moved to Texas. If you’ve just signed up and haven’t attended before, the benefits of this type of water exercise are many:
- It increases your energy and stamina while working your heart muscles and lungs
- It’s low impact and easy on your joints, especially if you’ve had anything replaced
- The water buoyancy and resistance helps you move more freely with less pain
- It improves your flexibility and increases your strength
- It helps your balance and coordination to prevent falling
- It helps boost bone density through water resistance
- It may help reduce pain from chronic conditions
- And no experience is required — you can work out at your own pace!
Starting Saturday, November 5th, we will meet weekly at Pool #13 on Vista Del Rey (map provided below). Classes will start at 9:30AM on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with only one exception! The second Tuesday of every month, the class will be held at 9:00AM so that members can prepare for the monthly Women’s Club Luncheon if desired.
We encourage you to bring water weights or pool noodles, if you have them, along with a bottle of water 💦 to keep hydrated. A waiver of liability will be signed by each participant prior to our first session. And we’ve been promised that when we arrive, the pool will be clean, the water temperature will be 86 degrees and the hot tub will be 102 degrees. What more can we ask for except for some lovely weather! 🌞
Thanks so much for signing up through our Women’s Club website and I hope you’ll enjoy water aerobics as much as I do, not only for its health benefits, but for the opportunity to get to know members of our Women’s Club even better.
If you have any questions, please call or send me a message.
Hope to see you soon! 🏊♀️